Verge Verge

Interesting

Kept me glued to my screen throughout the game. I just beat it and got the "Welcome Home" medal, but I really wish there were a "Level Select" option. On verse X, I noticed that all the fairies I collected formed a bridge. At that point, I had to decide whether I wanted to continue onto the fairy bridge to see that ending, or jump down to the angel to see that ending. I went with the former, but I wish I could go back to that level to see the other endings.

As for bugs, (you'll probably clear this up soon) the hitboxes on the dragon enemies are actually still visible as a translucent red square. Also, on the final level after verse X, when you reach the top of the mountain and a halo forms over your head, I saw the door leading to the ending and below it, another one of those "cross" icons thats lets you come back to life from death. I thought to myself "Hmm... maybe... maybe the door is a trick. Perhaps the cross icon is a hint that I'm supposed to die" so I pressed down, died... and broke the game. I was sent to an area that I could not escape from and had to restart the level.

kurismakku responds:

Fixed dragon masks bug !!

Kingdom in the Clouds Kingdom in the Clouds

Horrid

With a name like "Kingdom of the Clouds" and with the nice artwork it had, I thought this game would be a lot better than it turned out to be. For those of you who haven't played yet, let me sum it up for you:

"HYAH!!"
"$$CHA-CHING$$"
"You da man."
"HAHH!"
"HYAHH!"

I am not joking. This is all it is for 25 levels. And don't even get me started on the upgrade system. The "fire rate" ability doesn't do a thing; there is no difference from level 1 to level 5. The "cool-down rate" upgrade helps the cool-down period by a small margin because the damn thing already moves one pixel every 2 minutes; even when it's maxed out, the lightning ability can only be used pretty much once per game. Also, the bloody owl keeps dropping gems when I'm already maxed out. And the final boss? The gatekeeper to heaven to SOMEHOW has no fucking clue what his bloody prince looks like and decides to leave you to the enemy hoards. When you beat them all, he says "I'm sorry. Go right ahead, Prince." Lemme tell you, if I were a prince and a gatekeeper didn't let me in and instead decided to leave me to a hoard of monsters, I've have him beheaded. The only reason I played it to the end was because I was curious where you were going with this cute story, but it just turned out to be "The prince returned home. The baby slept through the hole thing. The end." Speaking of the baby, I noticed that in the "Level Select" menu and during the battles (if you can call them battles), the baby is in the exact same pose; halfway through the game, I was convinced that the baby was actually a porcelain doll. The battles pretty much consisted of "Shoot in one direction until every in that direction is dead, then repeat on the other side or until you hear a 'GROGG SMASH!!' "

This game could've been really nice but it feels like none of you actually played it.

100th 100th

Charming little game

When I first started up the game, I walked up to the blue guy who told me that if I ever lost my balloon, I could hold the X key next to him to get my balloon back. I thought "Oh neat, does it fly back to me?" and let my balloon drift off into space. Afterward, I promptly stood next to the blue man and held X... and he gave me a blue balloon. I paused for a moment and said "What's this blue shit? Fuck that." and restarted the game to get my red balloon back.

Reimagine :The Game: Reimagine :The Game:

Oh jeez

The art? Fantastic!
The jokes? Hilarious!

But I'll be honest: the constant use of internet memes ruined this game for me. It made every joke only half as funny when I saw Coolface stamped onto every one of them. We get it; memes are funny. Next joke, please.

Its ironic that a game which makes fun of popular culture has given into the use of internet memes itself. Almost hypocritical.

One Chance One Chance

Let me get my prying crowbar...

A very interesting concept and I enjoyed it! My ending involved my daughter and myself being the only survivors, but I'm disappointed that you refuse to make this game replayable. I know the whole "one chance" idea is supposed to make it deep and meaningful, but its just frustrating if you can't try it again to see how else you can end up.

For those who want to try it again, follow this link (be sure to remove any newgrounds-added spaces!):

http://www.macromedia.com/support/doc umentation/en/flashplayer/help/settin gs_manager07.html#117717

Click "delete all" to delete your save data on this and make it playable again. But be warned! This will also delete your save data on any other flash games you might currently be playing.

Vertigo: Gravity Llama Vertigo: Gravity Llama

Trophies bug?

If you're at the main menu and you click "trophies", all the other buttons will stop working.

Me and My Dinosaur Me and My Dinosaur

Hmm...

This had the potential to be a really touching game but there were a few things that took that chance away:

(Warning: Possible spoilers ahead)

First off, this "bloodhounds" thing is never really explained. Why are we be chased by wolves? I thought it was just the people that didn't like Rex, and yet the bloodhounds capture us in the end. And speaking of the ending, we're at the gate to Paradise when (what a surprise!) its a trap, we're told "paradise was all in your head" and then Game Over. We're returned to the title screen and I feel like I just got sucker punched. There were a number of ways you could've made the ending more sad; perhaps Paradise was across a bridge that you could make it safely across, but Rex could not due to immense weight and he would fall to his doom, leaving you all alone. Just an example though.

In the end, the game glitched but at least Rex and I stayed buddies even in our last moments (see image below; be sure to remove any spaces!)

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd 82/meepdude/dd996bca.png

Satanorium Satanorium

"Don't press the tab button!"

I couldn't resist pressing it.

I fully regret it D:

Moovlin PC Moovlin PC

Not for me

I'm sorry, but I just can't play this game anymore. I gave it a chance by playing through a few levels but this game just isn't for me.

Voices - In my opinion, the voice-overs ruined it a bit. The blue guy in the beginning had a squeaky voice that was just obnoxious to listen to and didn't suit him at all. On top of that, Moovlin's voice seemed dull and monotone. For example, when he got thrown out of the ship after the second level, he made a little "augh" sound completely devoid of emotion. You could've gone to the Voice Acting Alliance and tried to get someone to make the voices for you. Or maybe you did, but didn't choose the best candidates?

Graphics - You mentioned the graphics were bad during the preloader so at least you were giving us the heads-up not to expect an explosion of detail... but if you've spent two years on this, why not try to fix them up a bit? You've worked on this for so long. If you acknowlege the graphics are bad, don't just shrug and say "Oh well! Newgrounds, here I come!".

Story - This game suffered here. I start up the game, and I'm presented with Red and Blue. They talk about a politician. Blue expresses his distaste for politicians. Red states he has robots to kill and level start. What? Why are we killing robots? What does a politician have to do with anything? Whats Blue's name? Well, I played on to see if my questions will get answered. Run, run, run through a level. A claw grabs Red who is comparing the weather to the devils dick. Run, run, run through a cheese level. We meet Green again. It becomes apparent that Green is the politician. Red seems displeased at Green. Green throws Red overboard. "Augh". Red shrugs it off and simply decides to run, run, run through another level. I stopped playing. I have no idea where this story is even going. What is this politician running for? Why was there an area full of cheese? Maybe I'd learn the answers to my questions later on in the game, but I did not have the motivation to continue playing this game. We have to have a goal in sight if you want us to keep playing. A giant turtle has kidnapped the princess? Well, lets-a go! I had reached stage 4 and there was still no point or purpose other than "Well, here I am. Run, run, run!".

Gameplay - Stable. I didn't encounter any bugs or glitches so you did a fine job there. Although in the fourth level theres a sign that shows Red ground-pounding a box. I recalled passing a box so I went back to smash it to pieces... only to find that I couldn't. Was this intentional? I'll never know.

Characters - Red immediately confused me. A red character with black eyes, blue pupils and some sort of grey headband. An... interesting color scheme to say the least. But who is he? Whats his story? Is that really a headband on his head or what? There has been virtually no character development up to the point I reached other than Blue and his dislike of politicians.

Music - Ouch, ouch, ouch. Much of the music is simply painful to listen to. The planet screen where you choose the levels has this old-fashioned carnival music that just doesn't match at all. And lets not forget the music on stage 3: chickens! You may have thought "Hey, this is a silly song! I'll go ahead and put it in the game." but its one of those things thats funny at first and quickly gets annoying. Music in flash games are usually easy-listening loops so that we don't tire of listening to it. Please carefully choose your music next time.

Summary - Although you put lots of time into this, I can't say that I liked it very much. The problems mentioned above really drag down the "enjoyment" factor of the game where I just had to stop at level 4 and look for something else to do on Newgrounds.

Lots of people find this review helpful!

Ragdoll Cannon 3 Ragdoll Cannon 3

Time consuming

The only problem I had with it was the grammar-killing "click here to next level" text we saw every level.